EM-kilpailut 2008, Söhnstetten, Saksa, 25.-31.8.2008

Keskustelua kotimaisista, SFL:n alaisista kisoista.

Valvoja: HALLITUS

tumpsi
Oikea nimi: Tomi Niemenmaa
Seura: Tampereen Frisbeeseura

Viesti Kirjoittaja tumpsi »

yks tanskalainen tyyppi kirjotti näin discgolfreview:n foorumilla:
Villes putting definitly has improved a great deal. Though the reason Ville began the finals with an eagle was not because of a putt, but because he nailed a 30-35meter? throwin. He threw all his overhands with very great precision, especially his final approach on 18 was superb. I did not see him throw a single backhand all finals.

Regarding the EC08. They had gathered an incredible number of staffers to help out with the tournament and in a lot of regards it was en exceptional tournament.

As for the courses I thought that Söhnstetten http://ec08.de/site/uploads/documents/m ... tetten.pdf had too much unneccesary OB. On a lot of the courses it didnt serve a lot of purpose. Hole 6 for example is a 190meter hole where I threw a roc. It had a drop of 35meters, so it could almost make it to the basket. Unfortunately there where two ob's close to the basket and that distance it is more of a hit or miss thing if you where ob or not.

A lot of the Tee-ares where narrow and/or uneven. I play in Copenhagen which is very flat, and almost all our tee's are 2meters wide and at least 4meters long and level. So I had a lot of difficulty adjusting to the tee's. Which partly explains why I played better in Brenzpark.

Regarding OB-rope. After this tournament I must say that I think these should be avoided at all costs. On hole 18 at Söhnstetten there is an Island green. I had thrown a good first shot and had probably 40meter approach shot left to the island green. My approach shot hits some branches and lands short of the pin. The spotter is standing at least 20 meters away and runs over to my disc after disc is lying still and waves the red flag. I dont throw a second shot immidiatly because It looked very close. I come over and the disc is 1-1½cm's from touching the OB-line. What ensues is a 5-10 minute discussion between the spotter, myself, and some check guy who isnt even in the group but friend of two checks that Im playing with. The question was not wether it was ob, but whether it had touched IB, before going OB. With no one being close to it at the time of landing, it was impossible to establish if it crossed or not.
I wish on no player to go through an ordeal like that during a tournament round, it will pretty much rob you of whatever calm you might have had.

I dont think a situation like this is unique and can happen anywhere where the ob-line is of such a small nature. You could throw an anny along an ob-line and you could have a huge discussion if it ever was inbounds before fading ob at the end.

This doesnt change the fact, that I think Dennis Stampfer and crew put up a topnotch tournament
maailmalla on ilmeisesti vähän eri käsitys turnausten järjestelyistä.

btw. eikös epäselvä tilanne kuuluis tulkita pelaajan eduks?
Bogey-Beemi
Oikea nimi: Petri Behm

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bogey-Beemi »

Anne
Oikea nimi: Anne Matilainen

se on siinä

Viesti Kirjoittaja Anne »

PM
Oikea nimi: P.Määränen
Seura: Talin Tallaajat

Viesti Kirjoittaja PM »

:shock: :shock: :shock: OHO Olipas härski lopetus :wink:
aripekka.verta
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja aripekka.verta »

Härski oli juu. Tota voisi varmaan jo kutsua määrikseksi :)
PM
Oikea nimi: P.Määränen
Seura: Talin Tallaajat

Viesti Kirjoittaja PM »

aripekka.verta kirjoitti:Härski oli juu. Tota voisi varmaan jo kutsua määrikseksi :)
:?:
AMA
Oikea nimi: Markus Mäntylä
Seura: Tampereen Frisbeeseura

Viesti Kirjoittaja AMA »

PM kirjoitti:
aripekka.verta kirjoitti:Härski oli juu. Tota voisi varmaan jo kutsua määrikseksi :)
:?:
Ainakin curlingissa käytössä oleva termi, joka kuvaa määrämittaista heittoa/työntöä, joka pyritään saada jäämään tiettyyn paikkaan, tässä tapauksessa korin lähelle. Hienona yksityiskohtana tässä tapauksessa vielä sinun nimeesi sopiva ilmaisu. Harmi että meni hieno oivallus ohi ;)

Mahtava lopetusheitto kyllä Piipolta. Ei voi kuin ihastella!

Off-topic-lisäys: Tästä eteenpäin holareitakin voitaisiin alkaa kutsua nimellä määris nänniin...tiedä vaikka curling-miehet ja -naiset näin jo tekisivätkin? :D
Seve

Viesti Kirjoittaja Seve »

AMA kirjoitti:Off-topic-lisäys: Tästä eteenpäin holareitakin voitaisiin alkaa kutsua nimellä määris nänniin...tiedä vaikka curling-miehet ja -naiset näin jo tekisivätkin? :D
Curling mainittu! Ehdottomasti, ääni tälle :) Välillä tulee tosin fribassakin sorruttua poistoheittoihin..
Bogey-Beemi

Laitetaan nyt vielä tämäkin.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CTtYfrQtiks

Jester kuvasi kierrokselta paljon materiaalia, joten lisää lienee tulossa.

Brittien Jesse oli saanut uuden kameran, joten ohessa joukko heikkotasoisia kuvia.

http://picasaweb.google.com/JesseDenny88/EC08
jh
Oikea nimi: Jesse Heinonen
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja jh »

aivan vitun helmi pussitus :D ja villemäiseen tapaan ei juuri tuuletuksia näy :P
Hwicha
Viesti:

Congratulations!

Viesti Kirjoittaja Hwicha »

Russian Disc Golf Association wants to congratulate Ville Piippo with an outstanding performance and winning at European Championship 2008! To watch him win was an amazing experience! Those of us who were there were proud to witness a truly deserved victory!

We want to extend our congratulation to the Finnish DG Association for the rapid growth of the sport and quality of performance on every level!

Keep up a good work!

On behalf of the RDGA, Yuri Zelentsov.
Bogey-Beemi

Loput palkintorahat

Saksan päässä meni maksuun tänään..

Juho Parviainen - 130 EUR
Markus Lindewald - 82 EUR
Juha Nieminen - 65 EUR
Miko Fyhr - 30 EUR

Sorry for the delay.